As newborn photographers since 2010 we continually learn through workshops, conferences and video tutorials to perfect our craft. This newborn baby boy was a dream to photograph! Thanks to our heated indoor newborn studio, he settled into each pose that we put him in and didn’t mind us moving him around the entire time! Mom and dad were thrilled with the detail shots we captured and couldn’t get over how well he slept through his session.
How to Prepare for Your Newborn Photo Shoot
We know that everything in the first few days with a new baby is information overload so here are a few tips to remember when preparing for your in-studio newborn session.
- Scheduling- Newborn baby photo sessions are best done within the first 3 to 10 days. During this time your little one is still very sleepy and completely comfortable with curling up in tight positions. If you missed your window– give us a call! We still have very successful lifestyle sessions until the baby is up to 28 days old.
- Make sure your baby has a full tummy- Do your best to schedule your baby’s feeding right before you arrive to the studio OR as soon as you arrive, and we are setting up. Feeding a newborn baby is the perfect way to fill their little tummy and help them fall fast asleep. Trust us, you want the best chance for your baby to nap right through their session so that we can capture all those adorable sleepy poses.
- Baby Formula- If you’re using formula, please don’t try a new formula the day before or the day of your session. Babies have sensitive digestive systems and changes can cause irritability.
- Family Portraits- Our focus at Photography by Jodi Lynn & Co is capturing once in a lifetime artistic poses of your baby. However, we are happy to capture a couple of sibling and/or parent and family photos at no additional cost. If you intend to include your family in a few photos with the baby, pick out clothing that matches and flows together. Avoid crazy patterns and stick to solid colors so that the photos focus on your family and not your clothing. Consider selecting colors that will coordinate with the overall color scheme of your home, so the images will make beautiful displays for your walls. Have all your clothing ironed and ready for your photo shoot. Also… it never hurts to have a backup shirt or two just in case the baby spits up on it.
- Props- Our newborn studio is stocked with all the props needed for a beautiful photo session. If there are special things you might like to include, please bring them with you to the studio and let us know before we start the photo shoot, so we can plan how to incorporate them during the natural flow of your session.
- Wall Displays- Look around your home and think about where you might like to hang the portraits of your little one. On the day of your photo session, your photographer will discuss prints and canvases with you and help you decide what might be some good sizes and configurations for wall displays. Once you see the final retouched images, you can order prints and canvases straight from your in-person viewing. We even have pre-designed canvas clusters to make the process as easy as possible!
- Relax, take it easy!- Our photographers are very comfortable holding and posing newborn babies. Feel free to sit back on the suttee in our newborn studio and enjoy watching the photos unfold as your photographer handles all the details.
Scottsdale Newborn Photography Studio
It is such an honor that so many parents trust us with their new baby, and with documenting such a special time, one that cannot be replaced. If you are expecting a bundle of joy soon, contact us during your second trimester or click here to book your date!