At Photography by Jodi Lynn & Co. we know how hard it can be to plan a date night with your man, especially after you’ve had a kiddo or two. Babysitters cancel, the kids get sick, or just good old fashion life comes up. But we believe it’s important for both of you to still “date” each other even when you’ve been together for years! Which is why we created these creative date ideas for your next night (or day) out. Whether you’re sporty, artsy or bit of both we hope these 5 date ideas will help you and your beau keep your relationship strong and romantic!
Affordable Date Ideas in The Valley
- Take in some art: Phoenix has tons of great museums to visit around all year round. Make the most of them and visit them on their free admission days. The Phoenix Art Museum has free admission on Wednesdays and The Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art is free on Thursday’s. Also, don’t forget about our local artist! You can find some great hidden gems at Downtown Phoenix First Fridays.
- Find a new restaurant: The Valley of the Sun has an amazing array of dining options. So why not try some place new! Some of our favorite restaurants include, Joyride Tacos, Postino Wine Cafe, and Water Chestnut(open Thursday-Saturday.)Try out one of these spots for your next date night and maybe you’ll find a new favorite restaurant.
- Have a sweet couples photo shoot: Let’s face it you probably have tons of selfies with your hubby or beau but how many of them do you want to see over and over again? Or maybe the last time you took professional photos was on your wedding day, but you’ve grown into a beautiful couple that goes beyond that first day as man and wife. Schedule a photo shoot and showcase what makes your relationship special today. Make things more personal by picking a fun theme that relates to your relationship like your favorite coffee house. Or pick a location that is meaningful to the both of you like your number one hiking destination.
- Fever Pitch: With the summer temps rising one way to stay cool is by heading to Chase Field (they close the dome when it’s over 90 degrees outside) where you can enjoy a nice cold brew at The Draft Room and watch the Diamondbacks play ball! Looking for something more interactive? Top Golf is an affordable date that’s fun for the both of you! Tee off and see who can hit the longest range- nothing like a harmless competition to keep those flames going!
- Cool off in the Salt River: Grab your suits and hit the water! The salt river is open for tubing until the end of September. Don’t forget a cooler and LOTS of sunscreen! Temps are scorching but the water is refreshing.
Why Date Night is Important
Dating, whether it’s your 15th or 150th date, is one of the easiest and most effective ways to keep your relationship healthy and long-lasting. It’s important to remember who you both are and what you mean to each other no matter how busy life gets.